“This is a huge announcement from FDA, giving full approval to the Alzheimer’s drug, Leqembi, to slow the progression of the disease. While this drug is expensive and has serious safety risks, it is an important advancement in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, especially when you realize this is the first time in twenty years that a drug for Alzheimer’s has received full approval. With over 6 million people in the United States affected by Alzheimer’s, we need to diligently continue finding and researching treatment of Alzheimer’s and other dementias. Meanwhile at The Bridge Alzheimer’s & Dementia Resource Center, we will continue to do our part which is creating a community in Northwest Louisiana where no one affected by Alzheimer’s and other dementias makes the journey alone. ” – Paulette Freeman, Executive Director, The Bridge Alzheimer’s & Dementia Resource Center, Shreveport, LA.
- The Bridge Interviews LSU Health Shreveport Experts on New Alzheimer’s Drug, Leqembi
- How to Talk About Advance Care Planning
- Our Third Annual Education Conference Package is Available for Download
- FDA Grants Accelerated Approval for Alzheimer’s Disease Treatment
- Free Online Caregiver Support Group Offered by The Bridge